The first in our series of blogs featuring small brands is The New Baby Edit. Featuring products that will make the perfect gift for any newborn with an emphasis on brands you won’t find on the high street. You want your gift to be special, not something that every other baby you bump into has or is wearing and you don’t want for multiples of the same gift to already have been given . To help you out we have a selection of wonderful brands and a few tips on getting it right.
A few tips on buying for a baby:
Think ahead. The bigger sizes can actually be more useful. Expectant parents usually have the newborn-3 month sizes sorted, so why not go 3-6 months upwards?
Think ahead some more. It is August, it is warm, if you have bought larger sizes then in 3 months time the weather will not be the same.
Think outside the box. There are baby products around other than baby wear. If you have children, what did you find really useful/special? If you haven’t got children then we are here to help.
Think different. There are so many wonderful small companies out there making fantastic products which you will not find on the high street. The chances are that a small company will provide you with better customer service, a unique product that you won’t see on every baby you bump into and a gift that the baby hasn’t already been given multiples of.
Here is a roundup of some of our favourite small businesses providing exceptional quality baby products.
1.Rockabye Designs. For gorgeous vests with a light-hearted and funny message visit Rockabye designs. Our pick is the “Sleep Thief” vest available from 0-18 months.
2. Harry and Rose. Luxury baby skin care made in the UK with natural, pure and organic ingredients. This is the perfect gift for the soft and sensitive skin of a baby. We love the baby skincare gift set which contains a complete set of baby skincare products.
3. Happy Bunny UK. Beautiful handmade crochet bunnies. Available in a variety of sizes and colours. Make sure to buy that first special teddy from here, you won’t be disappointed.
4. Bairn Designs. Bibs are a must have for any stage of the baby process. These are available in a selection of different fabrics so you are sure to find one you will like. Made from cotton print fabric and bamboo toweling backing for extra absorbency.
5. The Little Art Collection. All designs from this company are commissioned from British based artists meaning you won’t find anything like it on the high street. We love their fantastic range of Muslins. Made from 100% bamboo they are incredibly soft as well as beautiful.
6. Snapbright. If you are looking for a babygrow then look no further. All of our products are made in the UK from 100% cotton. Featuring colour co-ordinating fasteners, tired parents can say goodbye to mismatching poppers at last!
7. Boni & Me. Offering a beautiful range of charming and thoughtful gifts and accessories, lovingly handcrafted for the little people. With gorgeous subtle tones and beautiful fabrics take a look at the Taggy Blanket for gift inspiration. Available in small or large it also features an extra popper attachment which means this item can be secured so, it won’t get dropped or lost!
8. Baby Sweet Pea. If you are after a gift that will really help out new parents in months to come take a look at Baby Sweet Pea. Creators of safety certified teethers, teething necklaces and dummy clips you will be spoilt for choice. Products can be personalised and are available in a choice of colours. Our pick is the teething ring made from beechwood and food grade silicone.